The Land id™ Georeference Tool is a powerful feature that enables you to accurately overlay your images on a map. With this tool, you can easily Georeference your image, so that it is in the exact location where it is meant to be. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use the Georeference Tool:
- Navigate to the approximate location on the map where you want to Georeference your image.
- Click on the “Tools” button in the upper right-hand side of the screen. Then, select the button with the pin and a map image. This is the Georeference Tool. Once you click on the tool, the toolbar will open up on the left-hand side of your map.
- Click on “Add Image +” and then select the image you want to Georeference. Please note that the file you bring in must be an image, not a PDF. Convert it if you need to.
- Once you have brought in the image, you can give it a name, change its opacity, and adjust its size if you wish.
- Click on “Add Control Point +“. Your mouse will turn into a crosshair. You need to locate a point on the survey, plat, or site plan you brought in, and locate the same point on the map underneath. Click on that point on the image first, then click on the same location on the map underneath. You can adjust the opacity while doing this. Once you have selected both spots, the image will snap to your clicked location.
- Repeat step 5 in the exact opposite side of the image, and it will orientate exactly as required.
- You may need to add a third point to make small adjustments, but refrain from adding more than three control points. Adding more than three can cause the image to warp.
- Congratulations! You have now successfully added a Georeferenced image to your map. You can use it as needed, and turn it on or off under the mapped features. To make more edits or add more images, navigate back to the Georeference Tool button.
Remember these top tips when working with control points:
Limit the number of control points you add to three or fewer.
Space your control points as far away from each other as possible.
Avoid placing control points in the middle of your survey or site plan.
If you are having difficulty using this tool, you can watch our YouTube tutorial video for more help. If you encounter more issues or need additional help, please contact our support team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.